DeziStyle today! 5 Things You Must Absolutely Do This Summer
1. Take a road trip. Go anywhere! Even if you’re not quite sure where you’re going, just get in the car and go! Richie and I have had plenty of mornings where we’ve woken up and decided to skip town for a night or two. It’s exhilarating to pack a quick bag and just get on the road with no set plans. Its the adult version of being a kid and the adventures your bicycle could take you on. Most of us are so accustomed to hoping a flight to vacay but a road trip is a great way to gain a broader perspective of the city or state you call home. Roadtrippers is an awesome site I recently discovered and helps you find anything you’re looking for, be it strange attractions, the best places to eat or a way to tour all your favorite film locations along your route.
2. Go to a concert. Better yet, make it an outdoor one! Summer doesn’t seem complete without enjoying an afternoon or two of live music. It just does something to the soul. Summer brings on plenty of tour dates for popular performers but live bands at local digs or festivals are sometimes more fun and less expensive. Let Fest 300 tell you what’s going on in your area.
3. Picnic. It’s one of my favorite ways to get together with friends and family and there are so many fun places to do it. Don’t limit yourself to parks or beaches, try rooftops or lakes, museums, vineyards and even some cemeteries have beautiful grounds that are open for such outings. If you’re in LA, Discover Los Angeles.
4. Play a sport. Maybe you aren’t inclined to join a team, although it has recently come to my knowledge that there are legitimate adult kickball leagues, but you should consider organizing a weekly or bi-weekly rally of friends for a physical activity. I’m a beach girl so my rallies usually consist of what I call a ‘Beach Gang”. We get together and cruise the boardwalk with bikes, skateboards and rollerblades. Beach volleyball, tennis and hiking are also great exercise and fun to do with friends.
5. Spend more time with loved ones. This goes without saying but sometimes we get caught up with our social lives and summer plans. The aforementioned ‘must do’s’ are easy to incorporate family and friends into however, don’t disregard how rejuvenating an afternoon lounging at the house can be. Good conversations and quality time with your favorite people is one of the most rewarding ways you could spend your time.
#DeziStyle #desiree anderson #fashion #blog #trends #roadtrip #style
DeziStyle by Desirée Anderson is syndicated on Acting in Style, an article on Actors Entertainment, a site on the Actors Podcast Network, a Pepper Jay Production.